What To Do After A Concussion
Symptoms Of Concussions
Though there are different grades of severity for concussions, common symptoms exist in each level:
- Headache as a result of the quick impact during which the brain bumps against the cranium
- A mental fog or disorientation making it difficult for the concussed individual to focus
- Dizziness affecting the concussed individual’s ability to walk
Other signs of a concussion may include:
- Feeling nauseous or vomiting
- Slurring of speech
- Becoming excessively emotional
- Delaying while responding to questions
As many people who have suffered concussions forget the circumstances leading to the concussion, this amnesia may make it hard to determine the conditions that caused the injury.
Over the long term, a concussion can influence your ability to focus, sleep and regulate emotions. In order to receive compensation for a TBI, it is necessary to document both the event and the medical care sought after the event.
Did Someone Else’s Negligence Cause Your Concussion? Call Our Firm Today.
Our attorneys at Fabiano Law Offices will review the facts of your case and will advise you of your options. Contact us by
completing our online form or by calling our Rockford office at 815-315-4277 for a free consultation of your claim. You will pay no legal bills until we receive a settlement on your behalf.